Serving the Lehigh Valley for over a century, Elek Plumbing cares about the quality of your water. While your water may be safe to drink and cook with, there’s a good chance it contains high mineral levels. Many Allentown, Easton and Bethlehem homes suffer from this type of “hard water,” which may contain excess calcium, magnesium or iron.
Impact of Hard Water on Your Home & Lifestyle
As hard water run through your pipes and fixtures, day after day, it leaves behind mineral deposits called “scale.” In addition, hard water and soap don’t play well together. When mineral-heavy water mixes with detergents and surfactants, it creates a film (soap scum) that hardens on surfaces and is nearly impossible to remove. Together, scale and soap scum can be a housecleaning nightmare.
Depending on your water supply and home or business location, you may battle hard water effects like these:
- Costly plumbing, water heater & appliance damage
- Unsightly mineral deposits & soap scum on fixtures, dishes, toilets, sinks & showers
- Dingy looking clothes that wear out faster
- Clogged showerheads & sink spouts
- Permanently “etched” glass due to minerals
- Shortened life span for coffee makers, washing machines & ice makers
- Streaky or spotted glasses & dishware
- Skin irritation from soap scum buildup
- Dull, weighed-down hair
- Low water pressure
- Pipe blockage
- Water heater inefficiency & breakdown
Solutions to Hard Water Problems
Installing a whole-house water softener is the easiest and most efficient way for Bethlehem, Easton and Allentown homeowners to fix hard water problems. At Elek Plumbing, we provide a free water test that evaluates your water’s mineral content, acidity and pollutant levels. Based on the results, our water treatment specialists can recommend water softeners and filtration systems that correct pH imbalances, remove impurities and soften your household’s water at its point of entry.
Thanks to Elek Plumbing’s partnership with an industry-leading water treatment manufacturer, our Lehigh Valley customers have access to high-efficiency water softeners with these features and benefits:
- Low-salt & salt-free water softening
- Fresh, chlorine-free water taste
- Superior iron removal
- High flow rates
- Easy programming / optional advance programming features
- Rugged, corrosive-free tanks
- Small, compact footprint
- Low-maintenance design
- Stainless steel bypass valve
- Optional carbon filtration
Schedule a Free Elek Water Test
If you’re tired of hard water taking a toll on your home, Elek Plumbing water treatment specialists will perform a FREE, professional-grade water analysis. Your salt or salt-free softener is selected based on the mineral content of your water—and delivers results right away. Before you know it, you’ll notice that laundry is cleaner and brighter, dishes are streak-free, and your hair and skin feel smooth and moisturized. Hard water treatment also reduces your cleaning effort, since sinks, toilets and showers stay cleaner for longer.
To request water softener installation or repair in Berks, Bucks, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery or Northampton Counties, call 610.432.7001 or connect online. Our team of SuperSTARS is ready and waiting to help!